Tuesday, September 28, 2010

S'mores Cookies

Ah, what could be better than gathering around a campfire, roasting marshmallows, making some good ol' s'mores?

These cookies, that's what!



These delicious morsels are prepared in your own air conditioned, bug free home...hopefully it's bug free anyway!  And making them gave me the opportunity to use the muffin top pan I got at the Goodwill not long ago.


I found this recipe at My Baking Addiction, and I knew they'd be a hit.  I took these to a friend of mine who later contacted me to say she'd be sharing with no one!  


Make, and enjoy.


makes 18 large cookies in the muffin top pan

Ingredients
2 sticks softened butter
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
4 Cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
3 regular size Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
3 Full Graham Crackers
5-6 Large Marshmallows cut into fourths

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter and sugars into a stand or electric mixer; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
2. Place flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
3. Scoop a heaping 1/4 Cup of cookie dough into muffin top pan cups. Press down then gently press chocolate bar squares, graham cracker pieces and marshmallow slices on top of cookie dough.
4. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are just turning brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with milk and enjoy

Note: This recipe can be prepared without the muffin top pan. Just flatten out your cookie dough slightly onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and press your s’mores toppings over the dough.
 

26 comments:

Lunch Buckets said...

I bet those were better than my bad cookies. Also. Am jealous I was not the friend that got the cookies. That is all.

pam said...

You can just look at them and know they are going to be good.

Faith said...

I agree, this is even better than making s'mores around a campfire! I would love a couple of these cookies and a tall glass of milk. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so glad I have a random bag of marshmallows in my pantry.

The JR said...

They look yummy and bug free is always a good thing.

Julie M. said...

Julie, I LOVE the new look! Your blog looks great! And these cookies look more than great! What a creative idea.

Oh, and don't you just love Goodwill? I've had so many great finds there.

Megan said...

What fun cookies! And fortunately, I don't have any bugs in my kitchen!

Monet said...

When I saw this on my google reader, I got so excited. And then your post did not disappoint! These look even better than I imagined! My husband and I would so enjoy making (and eating!) these. Thank you for sharing!

Mimi said...

I have that muffin top pan, so I guess I will just have to make these.
Mimi

Karen said...

I've been wanting s'mores for the longest time now! (I want a muffin top pan :)

Katrina said...

Those look great. I've seen them around and have wanted to make them. Need to get on the ball.
I really want one of those muffin top pans, too.

Lara said...

Now those are my type of s'mores! Fun, delicious, and non-smoky!

Tiffanee said...

OH YUM!! These are my type of cookies. My daughter absolutely loves smores. She will be so thrilled for this recipe! Thanks!!

Catherine said...

Oh my Lord, I must try these. They look most delightful!

Kim said...

Oh Julie - how can you do this to me? Eighteen cookies...I agree with your friend. I don't think I would share either. These look unbelievably delicious!

Reeni said...

These look insanely delicious Julie! I don't think they would be around my house long enough to share!

Deborah said...

These are perfect now that the weather is getting cooler so we can't have s'mores outside!

The Southern Cookbook said...

Goodness! These look awesome. I need to try these on my next gathering. :)

Aunt Spicy said...

If I am good all week and don't eat any sugar these will be my reward!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Oh, man you're on a roll! They look terrific and I'm so jealous that you (I'm sure!) paid waaay less than I did for my muffin top pan.
~ingrid

Emily Z said...

Okay, these look freaking good. I am bookmarking this one. When I do make them, I will repost and link back to you.

Pam said...

My s'more loving kids would really, really love these!

Melinda said...

I can't wait to impress the gals at the next potluck with these! (And no wood smoke in my eyes and hair!)

Monica H said...

I don't knoww hat it is, but I've been craving s'mores type recipes latey. They look delicious!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

My family would eat these up in seconds!

LittleAsianGirl BigAppetite said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG im going to save this recipe and try it soon. looks sssssoooooooooooooo good!!!! :)