Monday, August 18, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken

Yeah, I know. It's a chicken. Whee!
But it's awfully yummy...and tremendously easy.
Anyway, I was really hungry one day and had a chicken but didn't know what to do with it.
I wasn't sure if you could throw a whole chicken in the crock pot but apparently you can.
I sliced some onions and put them on the bottom of the crock pot, and rubbed some spices on the chicken, then cooked it on high about 5 hours.
I especially like it with rice. And cheesecake.

3 comments:

Ironjack said...

excellent. do you use anything with the leftover chicken "stock"? I bet it it'd be great as a flavoring for boiling up rice or even a mashed potato mixture. Heck freeze it for when you do!

Julie said...

I do like to use the juices out of the pot over the rice. It makes me really happy :)

Lunch Buckets said...

You stuck a whole chicken in a crock pot? I'm totally doing that. And I'm going to eat rice soaked in chicken fat. Of course it will have to be when you know who isn't here. Bones and all ya know.