Monday, August 25, 2008

No Bake Blueberry Pie

I got this recipe from a lady I worked with many years ago. I love the way the blueberries pop when I eat 'em. I'm a pretty hardcore chocolate person, but when it comes to pie, this is my favorite. Here's what you do: First you need a baked pie shell. If you're the kind of person who does yours from scratch, then go for it. I get mine in the frozen section of Wal Marks. Boil 1 cup water with 1 cup blueberries about a minute. Add 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tbsp. cornstarch (dissolve it first), and 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Boil that another minute or so till it starts to thicken up. Take it off the heat and fold in 3 cups of blueberries, then pour into pie shell. Chill and eat. Of course it cries out for some sort of whipped topping. And just to let you know....yes I am a little embarassed that all my dishes have dolphins or lighthouses on them. That's what I was into 15 years ago, and it's hard to break Corelle.


Lunch Buckets said...

You know what else it cries out for? Besides liquor? It cries out to be made with a crust made out of lemon shortbread cookies.

Julie said...

It's not crying for anything anymore. I ate it.

Lunch Buckets said...

Oh - it's also crying out for cream cheese layer. Double the dairy!