Thursday, February 19, 2009

Randomness

This shot typifies my overall organization skills. Somewhat lacking.
I'm not even sure how this got here. Those darned kids!

I was reading someone's blog yesterday (Xazmin at This is the Year), and she showed her before and after of her cabinet, which inspired me to do this:

And this....Somewhat better...maybe? It may have helped more than anything that I combined the 5 bottles of Lawry's seasoning salt, and the 3 containers of cinnamon.
We'll see how long it lasts.
On a completely unrelated topic I made another diaper cake for a co-worker's upcoming baby shower.

I love the giant ric-rac. She seemed to like it.

I'm thinking of quitting my day job and becoming a full time cabinet organizer/diaper cake maker. Which means I'll probably need to come live with you...clear out a room!

Dinner last night...

Ravioli with Herbed Walnut Sauce found at Epicurious. Sounds much better than it is. But it was very quick...there's always something to be said for that.

That ends the randomness for now. Thanks for enduring!

23 comments:

McMrs said...

WOW! Great work ont he organizing...gives me some inspiration!

Reeni said...

The diaper cake is adorable. I thought it was a real cake. The Ravioli's look delicious!!!!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

The diaper cake is the most unique baby shower gift/decoration I have ever seen. You are very talented! The ravioli looks delish!

The Blonde Duck said...

Your cabinets look so much better than mine!

Laura Marchant said...

Dinner did look great and so did the cabinets! I have never thought to take a before and after. I usually just get so sick of it I tear into it. Next time I need to plan ahead :-)

Anonymous said...

Yerah quit your day job! I think there is a market for a full time diaper cake maker.

Tiffany said...

Great organizing and the diaper cake is adorable! Your dinner looked yummy too. I haven't cooked at all lately. Well, chicken tacos that I threw in the crockpot tonight. The flu really takes it out of a person!

Brindi said...

I agree. Love that giant ric rac. Your cabinets look great. You can have a room - but you will need to clean out and organize my cabinets first.

Julie said...

It's a deal...I'm on my way.

Sandy said...

I really need to organize my cabinets!

I came by to give you some clicky love!

Anonymous said...

That diaper cake is adorable and the ravioli with walnuts look really yummy!

Xazmin said...

It was me! It was me! You commented on my spice cupboard post. Labeling the tops...genius, eh? I love, love, LOVE the diaper cake - it is too adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Julie said...

Aha...thanks for letting me know, and thanks for the inspiration!

Joie de vivre said...

The pantry is the bane of my cooking! I am so unorganized. I would probably be shocked it I actually went through there and saw what was in the back. Yes, perhaps this is the year.

Anonymous said...

That diaper cake is so cool. I love the giant ric-rak too. Congrats on organizing your cabinet. I enjoyed the before and after pics. What exactly is Kite tobacco? Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

said...

Julie ~ what an adorable diaper cake! It's got so much pizazz. :o)

I came by to do some "clicking" and stayed for awhile...

Kristina said...

That diaper cake is SUPER cute!!!
I came over to join in the clickiness!

Beth said...

That is too funny . . . just last week I re-organized my cabinet and took pictures of how beautiful it is to put on the blog!!

Isn't it the best feeling to open up the door and see how nice it looks!!!

Kristina said...

Came by and left some clicky love!

Mammatalk said...

Just stopping by from Project Mommyhood. That diaper cake looks divine! Hope you can stop by my blog on Monday. I am having a Blog Jog to celebrate my 100th post. I plan to visit 100 blogs on one day! Eek! Hope you drop by!

Cher said...

Yeah for organizing! Visiting from Project Mommy!

{leah} said...

Your before looks like my cupboards all the time... I give up.

And those homemade peanut buttercups look great!!!

{thanks for stopping by my blog}

Brooke said...

gorgeous cake!

scary spice rack!
(good job sprucing it up though)