Saturday, February 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Cup Bars

When I saw this recipe at Must Love Chutney, I knew it was for me. Because I LOVE Reese's PB cups. What could be better than a homemade version?
Sure you could go out and just BUY a package of Reese's, but how can you be sure you'll really get close to a full cup of butter? You can't. And what assurance do you have that you'll be consuming almost 2 cups powdered sugar? None, whatsoever. Why take the chance? It's crazy, I tell ya! Just make these at home, consume the entire pan without sharing any with your family, and you'll be sure just exactly what your getting.
Seriously...it's so good, it made me a little weak in the knees. Or maybe that was the crash after the sugar high. Whatever, I'll take it.
Here is her recipe:
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter
1 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
To make bars:Melt 1/2 cup of butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners' sugar. Add peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs, stirring until creamy. Spread mixture in square (8x8" or 9x9") pan. Pat down evenly.
To make topping: On low heat in a saucepan add 1/4 cup butter and the chocolate chips. Heat until butter is melted, and chocolate is very soft, but not fully melted. Remove pan from heat, and continue stirring until chocolate is melted and shiny. Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate 1/2 hour. Cut into squares.
I suggest doubling that....seriously.

30 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, these look amazing! I am a huge peanut butter cup fan. I love the addition of the graham cracker crumbs.

Julie said...

It really does give it a nice little crunchiness!

Brindi said...

Oooeeee! These look fantastic. I love peanut butter cups. Sounds easy.

Patricia said...

*LOL* great post. Those look amazing. You forgot to mention that there are no preservations. Okay so sometimes preservatives do taste better *w* but not when there is a whole cup of butter. That's gotta win hands down.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Days of Whine & Noses said...

I am betting I would have to make a double batch for my house too!

Katie Lane said...

I love peanut butter!

Beth said...

Oh yum. I've made these before and they are SO delicious! And I don't need to be tempted like that that day before I join WW!!!

WillowLakeScents said...

Stopping in from SITS to say hello ! This recipe looks sooooo yummy !!

Richard Lawry said...

It's not fair; I haven't eaten yet this morning and you are making me hungry

An Arkies Musings

Anonymous said...

I love peanut butter and chocolate together - what a great idea to make these - yum!

LaFleur said...

yum, yum, yum, yum!
I don't think these are on my diet - maybe I can juggle my points around :)

Anonymous said...

I would eat the whole thing..I mean ALL OF IT!

Julie said...

Yes, I suggest eating them all at one sitting. For breakfast.

Brandy said...

I *almost* wish I didn't know you could make these at home now. Now what will keep me from them?? Nothing. Cause I have no willpower.

Came by to click, click, click!

Days of Whine & Noses said...

I forgot to say thanks for stopping by my blog recently....we are finally all feeling better in my house! I hope you are too!

Hccm said...

You had me at the peanut butter cups!

BTW-Can you hear me clicking:)

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Reeni said...

Reeses are my favorite!! This looks so scrumptious! My mouth is watering like mad now.

Captain Dumbass said...

Damn, my keyboard just shorted out. They look like Naniamo bars but WAY better.

Julie said...

I had to google naniamo bars...it does kinda look like them!

The Blonde Duck said...

Those look soo good!

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Mmm, now i haven't even had breakfast and your making me craze sweets!! Over from SITS and lovin' checking out my fellow Welcomistas blog!! I can always use help in the cooking department!

Jamie :-)

FROGGITY! said...

here from SITS~ those look scrumptious! thanks for the recipe! :)

Green said...

Mmmmm, I'm sure a few of these would make me feel better!
Clickies returned , thanks

Brandy said...

Came by to repay some clicks!

Mammatalk said...

I'll just grab a couple of those on my way out the door! This Blog Jog is making this gal hungry. And, you're not helping. Yum!!

Thanks so much for you support today!!

Cher said...

Yum Yum! Wish we had some peanut butter in the house, that is all I am missing!

Also, left you some clicky love!

Tiffany said...

Those wouldn't last 3 seconds in this house. I think I need to make them just to be sure I'm right about that.

Must Love Chutney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and glad you loved the PB Cup Bars as much as I do!

Unknown said...

Oh my gawd! Those look so GOOD!

You can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter, ever.

Sending you some *clicky-love*

Cloudberry Creations said...

I'm dropping by from SITS to say Hi! Those bars looks really really yummy!