Friday, February 27, 2009

A Bunch of Things I've Made But Didn't Blog About

Catchy post title, eh?
This is the Gratineed Pineapple from the Noble Pig. It was the perfect time to make it since a local grocery store had pineapples for $1 each. I love pineapples in almost any shape, form, or fashion, and this didn't disappoint. My daughter and I were the only ones who liked it, but she didn't like the topping, which was the best part. Crazy girl child.

This pork chop is loosely based on Smitten Kitchen's crunchy baked pork chops recipe. I just couldn't bring myself to make my own bread crumbs and bake them when I had a perfectly good can of already made bread crumbs in my newly organized spice cabinet. Heck, I even knew right where they were. I did enjoy the addition of parmesan cheese to the breading.

I just love this sorta caeser salad from Rachael Ray. She makes it with grilled mushrooms on top, but so far I've just made it plain. The homemade croutons really make it (which didn't show up too well in the pic...maybe I had eaten them all already). It's extra good when I make it with a lemon stolen from my neighbor's tree.

I know I showed this cheeseball after New Years, but I didn't tell what's in it.
You mix 2 packages softened cream cheese with 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions, 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper, 1 eight oz can crushed pineapple (well drained), 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1 tsp or so of Lawry's seasoned salt. Mush it all together and form into a ball shape, then roll around in more chopped pecans. Chill at least one hour before serving. Everybody will go nuts when they try it.

And these are the chicken and dumplings my husband makes for me (dontcha just love my Bear in the Big Blue House bowl?)

Sometimes it makes him a little grumpy.

Maybe it's from cutting out all these little dumplings. Maybe it's about time with another guest post from him so he can share his recipe.

10 comments:

The Farmers Wife said...

Fantabulous food! I love me some easy recipes. The dumplings look super tasty!

Tiffany said...

All of that looks so good. Especially the pork chops. I think I'd stay out of the way while your husband is cooking ;-)

Kate said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from SITS (but I also have you in my reader). The pineapple looks yummy. I've never seen that done before!!

MuseSwings said...

Everything looks delish! I'm sitting here still trying to decide what I want for breakfast. Of course I zeroed in on those dumplings.

Anonymous said...

Umm, the topping is the best part! Hello!

The Muse said...

Oh for the future days of smell a vision! I must try to get my hubby to make the pineapple dish!

(of course...I will hide all the rolling pins!) LOL

Sara said...

Everything looks great, but I'm really intrigued by that pineapple!

Julie said...

The pineapple is super...that noble pig is a genius :)

Reeni said...

Everything looks good!! Dip, yummy, dumplings, definitely should give us the recipe, if hubbies won't get too angry! Ha

Mary said...

It was all going well until the photo of mad man with rolling pin - then my coffee was snorted through my nose onto the computer screen.