Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dorito Chicken

I'd call this one white trash meets Southwest. (hmm...much like myself) I'd also call it freakin' delicious. Found this one at about.com...here it is for ya:
2 to 3 cups diced cooked chicken 1 cup sour cream 1 can cream of chicken soup 1/4 cup finely minced onion 1 tsp. chili powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese 1 bag (medium size) bag of Doritos, crushed
Grease or spray a 2-quart casserole dish. Cover bottom of casserole with half of the crushed Doritos. Mix all other ingredients , except cheese ,and place on Doritos. Put remainder of crushed Doritos on top of this. Add cheese on top. Ready to bake ! Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes.
I think it would also be yummy with a can of those little diced green chiles in it, but didn't put them in there because I knew the kids would freak out.
BTW...I'm approaching my 100th post not too far away so I guess I need to be thinking of some sort of giveaway, don't I? I'm thinking candy. Can't go wrong with candy. Unless it melts in the mail. But it would still be good. Just get a spoon and quit your complaining.....sheesh!

24 comments:

Brindi said...

This sounds like something my kids would eat. They love Doritos. I always have cooked chicken or turkey in the freezer.

Lunch Buckets said...

I don't like it. But I do want candy. Now. Have you ever gone to that candy factory place over on your side of the world?

Lauren said...

This looks really good. I think I might give it a go when I get back home. :)

Pam said...

Sounds good to me! I've never had anything like this before.

Small House said...

It's my turn to cook tonight. This will be on the menu. Thanks so much!
Sandra

Heather said...

That looks new and interesting, hmm... I do like Doritos. I might have to try this. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Ironjack said...

Looks good! Gluten free so I'll be putting this recipe to work :)

Julie said...

Wow...didn't know it's gluten free. I'm eating healthier than I thought.

Anonymous said...

Does it really matter if its actually gluten-free as long as you have a black Sharpie?

Susie said...

That looks so yummy!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments. I hope to see you there again soon:-)

Lesley said...

what makes Dorito Chicken Better....the sound of some Clicky love....stopping by to click away....

Anonymous said...

OMG this is a dish I wouldn't be able to stop making and eating. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my site and weloming me to the SITS group. I have read your post and you area great cook. I love the last recipe you posted. It looks like something my gang would love. I have faved you, followed you, and will put a link back to your site. When you have time stop back by and visit with me again. I am a mom who has raised and released 2 sons into the adult world. I wrote and publish Bible studies for MOMS and teach every Thrusday to a Bible study group of MOMS, which is just so fun. I have done this for 20 years and now we are working on the book of Philippians. Blessings.

Preston said...

Dinner made from Doritos? I love you. This is what I call a MAN DISH. Now do you have any recipes that incorporate Fritos?

Julie said...

I can't think of a Frito's recipe off the top of my head, but I think it's worth researching.

Reeni said...

This looks sooooo good!! Crispy and cheesy, and so yummy!

Beth said...

Yum! I'm about to go grocery shopping and I may have to revise my list to get this made soon!!

Small House said...

Just had to stop back by and let you know I made the Dorito Chicken last night. AND EVERYONE loved it.
Thanks again for the recipe.
Sandra

Brandy said...

This is going on the menu next week. I have a few diced chilis left over from last nights enchiladas and my guys love Doritos.

Thanks!

Laura said...

Hi that looks really good. When I get on my feet again I will try it! Sits-tas got to stick together! Laura

test it comm said...

This dorito chicken sounds tasty!

Brandy said...

Okay I made this last night. It was good and very easy to put together. (Chicken was cooked in advance.)

Next time I'm going to try doing a bottom layer of chips, then the chicken mix - just bake that and then the last 5-10 minutes add the cheese directly on the chicken. And add the last layer of chips after it comes out of the oven.

I think it will keep the cheese more ooey-gooey (thats a technical term.[: )

Anyway the flavor was quite good. THANKS!

Tricia said...

This looks good! I'm putting it on the menu for next week, I think the kids will love it.

Monica H said...

Love your pseudo title :-)

This looks delicious to me, I just might make it!