Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snickerdoodle Blondies

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I think. I must be the most flattering girl in the whole world. I pretty much spend my time taking other people's recipes, making them exactly as instructed, and regurgitating it here on my blog. I probably shouldn't use the word "regurgitating" on a food blog, eh?
Today's recipient of my constant fawning and groveling is the lovely and talented Peabody of Culinary Concoctions by Peabody. I assume she's lovely, but I know she's talented. All her recipes and pictures cause instant salivation.
I LOVE snickerdoodles, and I figured I could only love these as well. One of the fabulous perks of my chosen workplace is one night a week they serve snickerdoodles on the trays for the patients. They are out of this world for hospital food. I like to take the tray of food in to the patient who has been complaining of nausea the most that particular day and say "oh sorry dear, I think these icky cookies would only make you sicker. Let me take those away for you". Then I run like hell.

I'm not sure why I chose to poke holes in it to check for doneness before I took the pic. I can be such a dumbass. The only change I made in her recipe was to use cream cheese instead of marscapone, because it's cheaper and I already had some.

Overall this had a very Thanksgiving-ish pumpkin pie taste to it. I'll have to eat about 5 more pieces before I can truly decide if I want to make it again.

UPDATE: Okay, I ate them all. I think they're definitely worth making again. *burP*

31 comments:

Lunch Buckets said...

Just when you think you know someone ... Snickerdoodles? Really? There's a snickerdoodle cake recipe from "The Crepes of Wrath" blog. I've bookmarked it. Maybe I'll make it for your birthday.

Julie said...

Yes really! Even though there's no chocolate. I like that crepes of wrath girl. She never pays me any attention though.

Lunch Buckets said...

Yah. Me either. Probably because her blog name is cooler than ours combined. That's my guess anyway.

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Hi fellow Welcomista! I'm FINALLY getting around to saying HI to everyone, hehe. Yummy recipe...I'm the same way. If I don't follow the recipe exactly, it's all over, hehe. Anything with Snicker and doodle in the name is all good to me. And funny about the holes, so something I would do. Chat soon :-)

Mallissa said...

Ohh I LOVE snickerdoodles! Those look sooo yummy! Anyways. Hi.. keep on cookin.

Anonymous said...

My son loves Snickers, these sound awesome. Next week I'm going to make snickerdoodle ice cream, yum

Donna-FFW said...

These look scrumptious. Bet my children would love them .. snickerdoodle brownies, great idea.

StylinMom said...

these look awesome....my husband would LOVE them!!!

m:)

I am Harriet said...

YUM!
Those look great!

Brandy said...

These look so good. My diet is slowly going down the toilet.

Julie said...

diet schmiet...that's what I say

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

ummm, freaking yummy!

Kate said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Yum! I love Snickerdoodles so I'm sure I would love these! I'm adding you to my reader and starring this recipe!!

I love what you wrote in your about me that you wish you could get someone to clean up after you! I am in the same boat! And I love your name....I'm also a sporadic cook for that very same reason!!

B said...

Sorry, I'd leave a comment, but I'm hungry (thanks to you), so now I'm going to go bake something and eat every bite.

Captain Dumbass said...

I got some room for that.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of the cookie, this was a great recipe to replicate, sounds like a winner!

Betsy Eves @JavaCupcake said...

Oh My Goodness. These look Soooooooooooo GOOD!!!!!!!!! I love snickerdoodles!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and showing me some birthday love!!

xoxoxoxo

Betsy

Anonymous said...

GO HOGS! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to cook, and have been looking over your site. My mouth is watering already!

Colleen said...

Hahah, I love your story about work! Snickerdoodles are delicious so I don't blame you!

The Blonde Duck said...

Sweet wounded wuffles. This is worse than the shortbread Girl Scout cookies. I could eat the whole pan! In fact, I think I will!

Visit me at www.aduckinherpond.com.

Tiffany said...

You find the yummiest recipes. And if you didn't post them on your site, how could I copy them? I fail to see a problem here.

I clicked the follow button. I've had your blog bookmarked and check it all the time, but I feel like a much better bloggy friend now ;-)

Laura Marchant said...

Wow! That looks so good!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

If it weren't midnight, I'd be heading to the grocery for some ingredients. Right now! YUM.

and no, probably should not use pukey words next to desserts. It's just not right. :)

Peabody said...

Glad you liked them.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

This looks fantastic! I am SO HUNGRY right now. Thanks!

capperson said...

Lol..thanks. Yeah I'm at a stand still with him. I will keep that in mind though.

Kristen616 said...

Yum these look delicious! I bet my husband would love them...I'll have to try them soon! They look great!

Jen Sue Wild said...

an we say super yummy!

Aunt Spicy said...

STOP! Please stop! So much for me re-starting the diet tomorrow now that I have seen these heavenly creations on your site I MUST make them! I love blondies...and I love snickerdoddles. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Snickerdoodle blondies!!! Sounds so good.

Monica H said...

I just made some of these and they were good! I ate them for breakfast lunch and dinner :-)