Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bowls of Hope*

I can't think of a clever way to start this post (but when has that ever stopped me), so let's just jump right in, shall we?
For every purchase of Post Shredded Wheat the company will donate one bowl of cereal to Feeding America, up to 15 million bowls. The purchase of a Bowls of Hope specially-marked cereal will support Post’s efforts in donating a bowl of Post Shredded Wheat Original, Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Original, Shredded Wheat and Bran, Shredded Wheat Lightly Frosted and Shredded Wheat Honey Nut.
Sounds like a worthwhile program to me. Perhaps the bowl in question will look like this.
And maybe it will say this on the side....
I don't think I've ever had a personalized bowl before. I'm a little choked up.
For more info on the program click here.
*Not to be confused with the Sadness Bowl.

15 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

This is soo cool!

Alicia said...

wow...how neat! i just checked out the link...thats awesome!!

Katy ~ said...

I LOVE Shredded Wheat! This will be so easy to participate in. What a terrific company to partner in such a meaningful project.

Tiffany said...

That's very cool. I'll have to look for shredded wheat in the store. I remember my dad eating the original kind. He would have it in a large, shallow bowl and pour warm milk over it. I still think that's kind of gross and comforting all at the same time.

noble pig said...

Sweet! Love that bowl and shredded wheat!

James said...

Oooh personalised! I'm bowled over......

Reeni said...

Very cool!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so cute!

Aunt Spicy said...

Wow, what an excellent program, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a great idea, and you should be choked up, A BOWL? Everyone should get a custom bowl once in their life! haha Stopping by from SITS to leave some thursday bloggy love!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Great program! I'll buy some next time I'm at the store. Thanks for the tip!

teresa said...

This is great, how cool!

Julie said...

Bowled over...I wish I had thought of that!

Anonymous said...

Very neat! Will check out the link.

theUngourmet said...

This is a wonderful thing! Bye, I'm off the buy some cereal now!