Monday, March 8, 2010

Operation Baking GALS: Round 17

Almost ever since I've become a part of this little world of blogging, I've seen this button here and there but never really stopped to think what it's all about until recently.
I'm sure you're aware Baking GALS is a group of people who bake homemade goodies and sends it to military men and women who are currently deployed.  

my forearms look a lot like hers

I joined Beantown Baker's team for round 17 that is mailing their goodies between March 1 and 10.

In my boxes I included the Ranger Cookies like I made a couple weeks ago.  
And also some Magic Cookie Bars.  (oddly enough, I've never made those)
I hope they travel well!



Here are my boxes packed and almost ready to go.  I also include a few little goodies like toothbrushes, chapstick, slim jims, twizzlers, and what have ya.
You know you can order these flat rate boxes from the post office for free, and you can pack anything (legal) in them and mail them for $11.95.


And one of the boxes will include this sweet little note from my daughter.  



Isn't that just the cutest?
When I think of the sacrifice these folks make, I really have a hard time wrapping my mind around it.  It leaves me feeling humbled, and very grateful.

13 comments:

Reeni said...

Your so sweet for doing this! Your going to make some soldiers very happy and so is your daughter with that sweet card.

Kim said...

These packages are really going to brighten up someone's day! Your daughter's note is precious. I love those magic cookie bars, one of my all-time favorites.

Jen said...

That note from your daughter is precious. Thanks so much for joining my team this round!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful and very sweet of your daughter to write a nice card too!

Joie de vivre said...

They are going to love them and you are teaching your daughter a wonderful lesson about giving of yourself.

Juliana said...

Oh! Your daughter note is so cute :-)

Mara Campbell said...

such a wonderful thing you did and your daughter's note takes it over the top!!! Kudos to you!!!

MaryRC said...

Aw I am so touched! My big sister just joined the military at 38, I'm so proud of her, she deploys in 4 weeks..

Monica H said...

I've seen that logo before but I never knew what it was for. Nice to know.

I juse sent a package to our soldiers last week. Hopefully another will be on it's way soon.

Sweet note to include!

Joanne said...

This is adorable! I'm definitely going to look into doing this.

The Blonde Duck said...

I LOVE magic cookie bars. They are so dangerous...

The JR said...

Very worthy cause. So great of you to participate.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Aw, that was a sweet note.
~ingrid