Friday, April 2, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

Tonight's dinner was lacking in photographic-ness, but made up for it in ease and yumminess.


I first saw this idea at Home Sweet Home, and thought "why didn't I think of that?"  Just throw however many boneless chicken breasts you want into the crock pot, (I used 6), add half a bottle of hot wing sauce.  I only had Frank's Red Hot, so I toned it down by adding a little ketchup and a bit of butter.
Leave in the crock pot on low about 7-8 hours, and dinner is ready. I suppose you could serve them whole or shredded.  Whatever makes you happy.  The chicken comes out completely moist and tender, and was really yummy with pickles, red onion, and ranch dressing.

Speaking of Disney, we got to go see Disney on Ice last night!  (well, the voices in my head were speaking of Disney, as usual)
The cool part was it was totally free courtesy of a giveaway I won at The Good Deal Gal.  Which is a really cool website...Rachael scours the universe to find all sorts of deals, discounts, and coupons, and shares all her info with us!


I think the family had a really nice time, even held the boy child's attention.  We had really great seats too, I was expecting the nosebleed section, but we were on the 7th row.  

Cool collage thing made at Photovisi.


20 comments:

theUngourmet said...

Great sandwich! Don't you just love those sandwich thins?! I'm addicted. How cool that you were able to get such great seats!

Kat said...

That looks so so great! I have been looking for a simple chicken sandwhich recipe like this, thanks for sharing!

Katrina said...

That chicken sammie looks and sounds really good. I need more simple meals like that.

Hey, I'm having a giveaway on my blog this week.

Amanda said...

I just love my crockpot, bet this was awesome! Happy Easter!

Chef Aimee said...

I love Buffalo chicken in any way, shape, and form! Thanks for sharing this! Crockpots rock!

teresa said...

that sounds awesome! i love buffalo chicken anything!

Kerstin said...

What a tasty sandwich and so easy with the help of a crockpot - yum!

Reeni said...

The chicken looks totally delicious and so tender! And Disney on Ice looks so fun! Great seats!

The JR said...

Looks yummy! I like the idea of ranch dressing, since I don't like mayo on my sandwiches.

Disney on Ice sounds like a fun family event!

Michelle said...

I absolutely have a thing for chicken sandwiches! This sounds absolutely delicious!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love big, meaty sandwiches for dinner. Yum.

Linda said...

That really looks good! I might try a more moderate sauce and not the red hot stuff though!
A SITS friend

Kim said...

I love this method of cooking chicken in the crock pot. I've tried it with BBQ, but I think I would like it better with the Frank's Red Hot (I love that stuff).

Disney on Ice sounds like lots of fun!

Juliana said...

Wow, this sandwich sounds and looks so tasty...love buffalo wings, therefore is a win win sandwich :-)

Grand Pooba said...

Are they made with real buffalo?

;o)

Julie said...

Yes, but I had a hard time catching that buffalo, they're fast!

Krista said...

What a great way to make a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich! I love that it uses boneless, skinless chicken breast in the crock pot and it's not fried! This would be a hit at our house, my husband and I are both big fans of Frank's.

Very cool that you got to see Disney on Ice. My daughter wanted to go when it came to our town. I promised her we could next year.

Rachel said...

what a great idea! I need to whip out my crock pot!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I tried this last year after seeing it on Monica's and my chicken turned out kinda stringy and tough. Plus I over did the BBQ sauce. I'll have to try ti again.

Hope you had a happy and delicious Easter!
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Going to look around some more.