Monday, September 14, 2009

Crispy Chocolate Ice Cream Mud Pie

Oh, I made the mistake of going to that Hershey's website again, and this is the unfortunate result. Even though it's not been long since I had some, it's calling to me again. Do you hear it too?
He's got a nice profile, but between you and me and the fence post, it might be just as easy to throw two kinds of ice cream in a bowl with some chocolate syrup, a crispy topping and a cherry. But it just wouldn't have the same effect.
Seriously, I wish he'd stop calling my name. And if I'm going to hear voices, why can't it be Sam Elliott or James Earl Jones? Something dignified or gritty. Not....calorie laden.
Here's the recipe if you can't resist the calling either.

18 comments:

Monica H said...

That is quite the decadent treat. It's calling my name too!

Kim said...

You are a naughty girl for doing this to me!! :D I would be eating this for breakfast, lunch and dinner if it was in my freezer. Holy cow that looks delicious. I'll have to switch to pants or go buy the silky underwear now :D

Melanie said...

Too funny! But that dessert looks dreamy and totally over-the-top.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Ice cream is like crack for my youngest. She would love me forever if i made this. Now I have to go to that awful Hershey's now! LOL

The JR said...

LOL.... I can see why it's calling your name.

Ramona

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Ha-ha! Lucky for me I can ignore him 'cause it has chocolate ice cream and me no likey. :)
~ingrid

Allison said...

Not a huge chocolate fan(I know that's sacrilige) but I can imagine this with all kinds of good flavors of ice cream...yum!

teresa said...

must. have.

noble pig said...

I can barely resist running to the kitchen to make this.

Aunt Spicy said...

Attempting to resist...failing fast....

Reeni said...

This looks heavenly delicious!!

Krista said...

Whoa! This looks amazing! Going to the Hershey's site now. Thanks!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

oh my gosh i am literally drooooling!

Katy ~ said...

You and that glorious dessert make me smile! What a treat dessert is...big YUMMERS!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Oh my. And here I've been craving (and avoiding) ice cream lately!! Drool worthy stuff. Yum-o!

lisaiscooking said...

That looks so decadent! The alternating scoops of ice cream look great.

Small House said...

Good heavens, this looks delicious. And I don't even like ice cream, and I think this looks yummy!
I see you had a blogaversiary!! CONGRATS. I'm a very behind blogger.
Sandra

Unknown said...

Must. Not. Look. Ugh. Too late! YUM!