Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yummy Baked Squash

This just kinda screams autumn, doesn't it? And it's super easy.
Just split an acorn squash in two, scoop out all the seeds and stringy stuff.
Drop a big dollop of butter in the middle, 2 big spoonfulls of brown sugar, and drizzle the whole thing with some maple syrup.
Put the squash in a baking dish, add a couple of cup fulls of water, and cover with foil.
Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes, then uncover and give it another 30.
After it cools off, I like to drink the syrupy stuff with a straw. Just kidding, that would probably be yucky, but it's awfully good with the squash.
As usual the recipe is PW inspired. I should probably just go ahead and dedicate my blog to her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would make a pretty healthy dessert!

James said...

Nice take on baked apples, and so easy. I'll have to try this....

smc said...

Thanks for your supportive comments on my blog Pie-O-My. Much appreciated! You have a lovely blog also and I will start to follow it.

Tara Bennett said...

Mmmmm sounds like a delicious fall treat! My baby girl LOVES her some squash, I'll have to make this soon. Thanks for the idea!

Joie de vivre said...

This is exactly how my mom used to make acorn squash. She would add a dash of orange juice too.

magpie said...

oh dear god, i just licked my screen.

Julie said...

Silly screen licker!

Lunch Buckets said...

I have some acorn squash and I remembered you posted this - but I don't have any brown sugar. If it turns out bad I'm totally blaming PW.