Thursday, November 6, 2008

Post-election Potluck

Some of us at my work wanted to celebrate our candidate's victory. Others of us wanted to seek comfort after our candidate lost. Me...I just wanted to eat!
I brought the lasagna...I've been making this same lasagna from a recipe I got off the back of a pasta box probably 20 years ago; a brand I don't think they even make any more. I know everyone's got their own favorite version so unless somebody specifically wants it, I won't bother posting the recipe. To me what really makes the difference is using sausage instead of (or in addition to) hamburger.
Michelle brought these lovely braciole, something I had never heard of before. Apparently she got her recipe from her Italian grandmother. It's London broil that is cooked then has several ingredients rolled into it, including ham and chopped boiled eggs of all things! Sounded odd but was really good! And I think this dish got her a marriage proposal.
Then there were some veggies to munch on so we wouldn't be tempted to overindulge in any naughty desserts. Because that would be bad.

Really really bad.

Just downright wrong. There's no way I would have eaten more than 2 or 3 servings. Of each.

Next month, we're doing barbeque!

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Now that is a potluck!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I have never worked at a place where people put that much effort into potluck dishes. It might make it easier to go to work. Not that I go to work anymore, but IF I had to go to work. Never mind.

Tiffany said...

That all looks great! Thes desserts aren't so bad - chocolate is a bean and strawberries are fruit. It's all good!

Julie said...

Hehe...good point Tiffany. I didn't even get to take pictures of everything that was brought before the vultures dove in.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie...comin from SITS to say I'm sorry you have to work on a Saturday :(

Those deserts are lookin yummy!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Looks Yummy! I love meeting other "foodies", lol!

This is right up your alley...MY COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY!!

Link:http://happy-jeannie.blogspot.com/2008/11/good-morning-giveaway.html

Good luck!

Lorrie said...

Hi Julie, thanks for visiting. That's quite a potluck! I've enjoyed your recipes and hope to make it back to look again!