Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ranch Chicken Pizza

I saw this recipe just yesterday at Taste and Tell, and thought, "wow, I need to have that".  And as luck would have it I already had most of the ingredients I needed.  Seemed like it was meant to be.



This dish goes together pretty quickly, perfect for a busy weeknight.  It smelled wonderful coming out of the oven too.  I think we all approved.



Here's Deborah's recipe:


1/3 pound bacon, chopped
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 (1 lb.) store-bought or homemade pizza dough
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped green onions

Preheat the oven to 425F.  Preheat pizza stone, if using.  If not, grease a pizza pan or medium baking sheet.

Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook until crispy.  Remove with a slotted spoon.  Add the chicken pieces and cook until no longer pink in the center.

Roll out the dough to a circle.  Bake the crust for 5-7 minutes in the preheated oven, or until it just begins to turn golden brown.  Remove from oven.

Spread the ranch dressing over the partially baked crust.  Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese.  Add the chicken, bacon, tomatoes and onions, then top with the cheddar cheese.  Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 10-15 minutes.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! Not only is pizza just about my favourite thing to eat, but I love ranch dressing on my pizza. I actually often dip pizza (any kind) IN ranch dressing. This is perfect for my ranch obsession!

The JR said...

We luv to dip pizza in ranch so I know we would definately luv this one.

Karen said...

This looks good... quick and easy, too!

teresa said...

LOVE this pizza, it sounds wonderful!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I can already imagine the taste of this pizza!



peachkins of The Peach Kitchen

La Bella Cooks said...

I am afraid I wouldn't share this pizza! It looks and sounds so yummy.

The Blonde Duck said...

I like this a lot better than regular pizza!

Kathleen said...

Super YUM!

Kim said...

I love a chicken pizza with all the fixings, even better with the ranch!

Joanne said...

This reminds me of a California Pizza Kitchen pizza...always a favorite. What great toppings!

Val said...

Looks scrumptious!