Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cheesy Reuben Appetizer

Found this one at the Betty Crocker website.
Might be a great idea for gameday.
I liked the edges where it got all crispy and brown! I served it with those little cocktail rye bread slices grilled in some butter.
1package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 ounces)
1/2cup Thousand Island dressing
4ounces deli sliced corned beef, chopped
1/2cup well-drained sauerkraut
Pretzel crackers, if desired
Cocktail rye bread slices, if desired
Chopped fresh chives, if desired
Sliced radishes, if desired
Print these coupons...
About Concordance™
1.Heat oven to 400°F.
2.Mix cream cheese, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, the dressing and corned beef. Spread in pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches, or quiche dish, 9x1 1/2 inches. Top with sauerkraut and remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. (Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours if desired.)
3.Bake about 15 minutes or until bubbly around edge. Serve hot with pretzel crackers or cocktail bread. Garnish with chives and radishes.

18 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Reubens are one of my all time favs. This sounds maddeningly fab!

Lunch Buckets said...

Speaking of gameday ... you off next Sunday?

grace said...

if only sauerkraut wasn't so perilous to my digestive tract...
regardless of my issues, this dip is a definite winner for any party--great post!

Megan said...

I LOVE reuben sandwiches - and this will be perfect for next Sunday's game!

Kim said...

OH YEAH!!! That looks like a bowlful of creamy and sinful deliciousness:D

Mara Campbell said...

Looks yummy!! It would be perfect for superbowl sunday!!

appropriated.muffin said...

that looks amazing for big gathering! :)

♥peachkins♥ said...

First time I heard of reuben sandwich. It looks fantastic!

dining table said...

My kids will like this for sure. They like cheesy stuff. This is going to be perfect for there packed lunch.

Monica H said...

Dang, if I were going to be home on game day I'd so make this. i like your idea of serving this with pretzel crackers- love those.

Thanks for sharing!

Joanne said...

I love dips. I really can't be controlled around them, especially cheesy ones like this.

Interesting idea...looks delicious!

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Great title for a blog. It sums me up perfectly! Your appetizer looks really yummy!

Visiting from SITS.

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

The JR said...

Looks very good!

noble pig said...

I've made almost the same thing but it wasn't Betty Crocker but it was authentic and delicous.

teresa said...

oh this is making my stomach growl, delicious!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Can I just eat the whole pot for lunch?

Coleens Recipes said...

BOY, does this sound good!!!

Peabody said...

This would be great for game day.