Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chicken Taquitos

I found this recipe at the Pioneer Woman's new(ish) recipe sharing site, Tasty Kitchen.
I thought they were really good, went together in a snap, and clean up wasn't too bad either.
Just roll them and line them up on the tray and they're ready to go.
Even the picky boy liked them!
Here's the recipe for ya:
  • 1 pound Shredded Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
  • 2 jars Premade Salsa (use The Smaller Jars)
  • 2 cups Shredded Cheese (mozzarella Is Good—so Is The Mexican Blend)
  • 24 whole 6" Corn Tortillas
  • 2 cans Chicken Stock/broth
  • 1 cup Water (as Needed To Cover Chicken)
  • 1 cup Vegetable Oil

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Bring chicken stock/broth to a boil in a large sauce pan or dutch oven. (Use a pan large enough so that the chicken is covered by broth and water.) Add chicken to broth, then add enough of the water to cover the chicken while it simmers.

When chicken is cooked through, remove from heat, drain liquid and let cool for 20 minutes.

While the chicken cools, combine the salsa and cheese in a large bowl. Once the chicken is cooled, shred with food processor (or my method—two forks, two hands!). Add chicken to cheese/salsa mixture and stir to combine.

In a small (6″–8″) pan, heat oil to medium/medium-high. Individually place the corn tortillas in the oil for a few seconds on each side and place on paper towels to dry. Repeat with remaining tortillas until they’re complete.

On a baking tray, spoon 2-3 tbsp of the chicken mixture inside the tortillas and roll. Place seam-side down on a pregreased (Pam!) baking tray. Continue until all are rolled.

Bake for 10–15 minutes until the tops of the taquitos are golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve and ENJOY!

17 comments:

Monica H said...

I love chicken taquitos. We had some for dinner!

noble pig said...

These sound very easy and yummy!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Hi! Popping over from SITS roll call to visit.

Those look delicious but those cookies right below here and those Hershey cookie bars, oh my!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

teresa said...

sounds wonderful!

Miranda said...

I'm seriously salivating over here.
Yum!

Allison said...

Thanks so much for the visit to my site!

I love Taquitos, okay I love pretty much all Mexican food (she says full from lunch of Fajita Nachos!). These look so good I think I'm hungry again (okay not really but maybe for dinner!).

I do the same two fork method for shredding chicken!

The JR said...

Those look good. I like the fact that they are baked.

Ramona

Cassie said...

They sound so simple and so delicious! Thanks for visiting my blog -- you have some great recipes here, I'll definitely be back! :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

They looks delish. With clean up being a breeze these are something I will try.

Leslie said...

I love a good Mexican meal!!

Katy ~ said...

Tasty morsels of oh-my-goodness!

The Blonde Duck said...

How did I miss this?!?! Sweet wounded wuffles!

Heather S-G said...

I love taquitos!!! Delicioso :D

Anonymous said...

These are delicious taquitos! My family would really love them!

Small House said...

They look wonderful. We are having these for sure. Printing off the recipe right now.
Have a good day. AND AS ALWAYS....thanks for your great recipes, and helping women like me. haha
Sandra

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Those sound and look good but I'm cheating and using rotisserie chicken. :)Perfect for after football and cheer practices!
~ingrid

Kim said...

I love taquitos! I'm not so great at frying things in a pan so I think it's great that you can throw these in the oven. Plus, I think it's a great recipe for using up leftovers. You might even be able to hide some veggies in there.