It was late at night when I took these pics so the lighting was sub par to say the least, but I wanted to share my first endeavor I made with the assistance of my new baby.
I found this recipe at Cooking During Stolen Moments. This is just about the easiest bread to make, and is just delicious toasted and smothered in butter and your topping of choice.
Of course, I enjoyed the heck out of using my new mixer and plan to use it as often as possible!
English Muffin Bread
- 3 c. flour
- 2 1/2 t. yeast (or 1 packet)
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1/8 t. baking powder
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. water
- Corn meal, for dusting the pan
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 c. flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix for 1 minute.
2. While flour is mixing, pour milk and water into a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until warm, about 2 minutes. Pour into mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes.
3. Add remaining cup of flour, 1/2 a cup at a time, and mix for 3-5 minutes (or knead by hand for 5-7 minutes). Dough will be somewhat sticky.
4. Grease a loaf pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Spread dough into pan, cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
And for your viewing pleasure, here is a lovely hibiscus my hubby is growing by the front door. I think it's such a beautiful color. I'm so proud of all his growing efforts. Keeping things alive in this desert heat is not any easy task!