Friday, March 20, 2009

Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Drops: Cooking with Mara

Mara (aka the girl child) and her dad have always enjoyed spending time together in the kitchen. He's way more patient than I am, what can I say? Yesterday they whipped up a batch of these lovely little sugar cookies...most of which I have already eaten. Recipe at the bottom of this post.
Adding the chocolate chips.... Mixing it all up.....
She gets it from the other side of the family... Such concentration....
Dropping the cookies on the pan....

Yum!

Recipe:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

3/4 tsp salt

1 1/4 cup sugar, divided

3/4 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and oil; mix well. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in chips. Form into balls and roll in remaining sugar. Bake 8-10 minutes.

23 comments:

Small House said...

OH MY...You are singin my song here. I love sugar cookies, and then to add CHOCOLATE CHIPS to the mix...YUMMY!!!! This will for sure be added to the very large "TO DO" list for the weekend.

AND...your little girl is cute to boot!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Okay, I love the shape of those...so yummy!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

These really look good - and I love the pictures of your daughter. She sure looks like she's having fun!

Anonymous said...

Those look so good! I love baking w/ the kids I nanny for!

Jaime said...

those look great. and it seems like your daughter had a great time making them.

have a great weekend and happy VGNO

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Yum. These look great and your little baker looks like she is having a great time. Stopping in for your party tonight!

Anonymous said...

Yummy cookies - how fun to bake them together with your daughter - she is adorable!

Lizzie said...

oh man those look awesome!

happy VGNO

Stacy Uncorked said...

Those sound REALLY good! Thanks for the recipe, I'm definitely going to have to try that - the Princess Nagger will love making those! :)

Happy VGNO - Have a Great Weekend! ;)

Native American Momma said...

Yum those look great. Happy first day of spring & VGNO.

Upstatemamma said...

Big Brother and I love to make cookies together. We are definitely going to try this recipe. :) Stopping in from Ann's VGNO. It is nice to meet you and your untra sweet looking little girl.

Grammy said...

Yummy, I love cookies!

Ali said...

Those cookies look scrumptious!! Thanks for stopping by last night and sorry I missed ya, I had to leave the party a bit early. Have a great weekend and hope to see ya at VGNO next week =)

I am Harriet said...

Hi.
I hope you had a fun VGNO.

Today I am leaving 100 comments.
Wish me luck!
Have a great day!

Laura said...

Looks like fun and you get something tasty! Just stopping by from SITS to say hi.


Come check out my spring giveaway!

Leslie said...

Would you mind sending those two bakers over to my house? Those look yummy! Thanks for stopping by last night during VGNO!

Enjoy your weekend!

Tiffany said...

Cute baker!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Yummm! I want to come over for some cookies! Your daughter looks like she is loving them!

said...

Gosh they look deeeeelish!

{Stopping by from Welcomistas}

Dawn said...

Cute pictures of your daughter. Thanks for the recipe-sounds yummy!

Thanks for visiting my blog last week and for the warm welcome to SITS!

Captain Dumbass said...

My wife is teaching the boys how to cook. More people to cook & bake for me, exxxxcellent.

Brandy said...

This seems easy enough...putting it on my to-cook list!

Molly Anne said...

LOVE her apron. I can't cook without one - I always manage to get something on me even though I'm not a slob. Psh. My clothes like me to look homeless and poor I guess.

Those are looking pretty tasty...now if only I had my own cookie elf...