Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Seven Sporadic Questions: 3 B's...Baseball, Baking, and Books

Well, July is already proceeding at a rapid fire pace, so you know what that means....



This month we are visiting with Ingrid of 3B's-Baseball, Baking, and Books.
I've always enjoyed reading Ingrid's blog.  She's warm and funny, down to earth, and family oriented.  I've even been able to overlook the fact she's not a chocolate lover :)  She's got enough other yummy stuff to make up for it!  Let's jump right in, shall we?


1. What inspired you to start blogging?
A couple of years ago while I was checking out Martha Stewart's site I found the video clip of Bakerella making her cupcake pops. I googled Bakerella and followed her links to various other blogs. After a couple of months I decided I wanted to give it a try. The rest as they say is history!

2. What's your favorite thing to make for a crowd?
Dessert!
<---click there for recipe for this yummy looking smores cake


3. What's your favorite thing to make for just you?
Dessert, though nothing with raisins or chocolate!

4. If you could invite 3 famous people (living or dead) to dinner, who would they be? Any particular reason?
Honestly there isn't anyone famous, dead or alive, that I'd want to have over to dinner. On the other hand I'd love to be invited to Ina's, Giada's, or Tyler's house for dinner. Though I cook for my family I prefer to bake. I find cooking savory foods more difficult than baking. With that said there are quite a few bloggers I'd love to have over for a bake-a-thon! :)

5. When you think of your childhood, do any favorite dishes come to mind?

I was one of those pain in the butt picky eaters growing up, so with the exception of Sunday's breakfast I didn't eat much outside of salads. I realize now that I missed out on a lot of very good meals as my Mom is an excellent cook!


6. What do you have in your kitchen that you just couldn't do without? ^(besides your stove/oven of courseI love my Cuisinart hand mixer. I use it more than I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer.

7. What's your favorite part of blogging? Do you think you'll keep doing it for a while?
My favorite part of blogging is interacting with my readers. They have encouraged and challenged me to get out of my comfort zone. (I hope I do the same for them.) Many of them, yourself included, I've come to consider friends and hope to one day meet!

I hope to continue to bake and blog...just wish my photos would magically improve. :)
 

19 comments:

Monica H said...

I love Ingrid so I'm glad you've featured her here on your blog. OOh and a bake-a-thon would be so fun1

Monica

Monet said...

I loved her twist on "who would you invite to dinner?" I totally agree! Any of those chefs would be awesome hosts!

Joanne said...

I love meeting other bloggers through Q+A's like this! Great post.

Cristine said...

Thanks for posting this! I <3 Ingrid! It is nice reading her answers!

Rachel said...

Aww, I love Ingrid, too! Such a fun blog. I'm dying to find the recipe for that marshmallow-chocolate dessert!!!

The JR said...

I'll check out her blog. Always on the hunt for good recipes.

Smitten Sugar said...

Thanks for interviewing Ingrid! Love her, she was my first follower on my blog besides my family!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Thanks SO MUCH, Julie! It was fun answering your questions and I'm happy to read that I didn't sounds too dorky! :)
~ingrid

Captain Dumbass said...

I'd like to be invited to Giada's house too.

What?

Julie M. said...

Nice to meet you Ingrid! I look forward to checking out your blog!

theUngourmet said...

I love your 3's! You know, sometimes when I'm up way too late blogging things strike me as funny. I was thinking about the famous dead or alive dinner invite. I don't think I'd want to invite a dead person, even if they were famous, over for dinner. Tee-hee! ;D Sorry! I really should go to bed now.

oneordinaryday said...

What a fun idea. I'm so glad you featured our funny Ingrid. : ) And YES YES YES to a bake-a-thon. Make her name the place and time and I'm there.

Kim said...

I love these posts! I must say that I have to agree with Ingrid about dining with Ina, Tyler and and Giada:) Heading over to check out Ingrid's blog.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to learn more about Ingrid. This is a great way to meet fellow bloggers. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Diana's Cocina said...

Great interview! Ingrid has an awesome blog.

Rita said...

Just discovered your blog; love it!
Rita

Deborah said...

I love Ingrid!!

Kansas City Gravy Company said...

Thanks for featuring Ingrid. She has been an inspiration to me as well as one of my biggest cheer leaders!

Mimi said...

Nice interview with Ingrid. She is a terrific blogger, both in terms of her content and her support of other bloggers.
Mimi