Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bake Sale Saturday

A friend mentioned she was having a fund-raising bake sale, and my ears perked up when I heard about it. "Bake? I like to bake", my brain thought. And this way I wouldn't be stuck with all the fruits of my labor to have to just eat all by myself.
First I made Ina Garten's cranberry scone recipe, except with chopped dried apricots. I've made these a couple of times before and they always turned out tender and perfect.
Then I spotted this quick bread mix I had in my cabinet for a while and thought of mini-loaves.
I also made some mini chocolate chip loaves based on a recipe I found at Hillbilly Housewife that I can't find now. Hers had cranberries in it instead of chocolate chips.
Lastly, I whipped up a batch of Black-bottomed cupcakes I had seen a recipe for a while back at JoyofBaking. Mine didn't turn out quite as lovely as hers, but the hubby thought they were super yummy.
Don't forget, one more day for the Country Bob's giveaway :)

20 comments:

theUngourmet said...

I was having a scone with apricot jam this morning! Your scones look so delicious! Actually, everything looks so yummy!

noble pig said...

Wow, that's quite the sale! What an amazing friend you are!

Tiffany said...

I bet you raised a lot of money with all those goodies!

Krystal said...

That looks so fun! I've never had a chance to do something like that, but I love to dress up the goodies I give to neighbors. :)

Donna-FFW said...

All of your goodies look just fantastic. You did so much work. It all loooks delicious!

Shauna said...

YUM!!! Hope you are having a super weekend! ♥ HUGS ♥

Anonymous said...

haha! I'm like you! I'll leap at any chance to go crazy with baking! I think you'll have no problem selling those away!

Gloria Baker said...

I love these type of sale, is nice, xxGloria

grace said...

black bottom cupcakes are a particular favorite for me, but all your goodies would be delicious! excellent contributions, julie. :)

Kari Jenkins said...

Thanks for the comment! I am so going to have to try out some of your recipes. They look super yummy!

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

YUM!

Looks great!

The Blonde Duck said...

That all looks so good! Yum!

Jen said...

you are one baking lady. those look like some great treats.

Brindi said...

I'm sure your bake sale was a success. Your little tags were cute, too!

Leslie said...

My my..you were a busy little baker!!!

Anonymous said...

Over from SITS.

I would totally move all my couch cushions to find change for your bake sale.

yummmmm!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Great job! Everything looks good. How long did it take you to bake all of that?

Congrats to the winners.
~ingrid

MaryRC said...

ooh can you send me a care package? your so talented! what a lucky friend you have.

Miranda said...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum

I am a fan of Doughboy's quick bread..he's always hanging out in my cabinet. :)

Monica H said...

Very ambitious of you! It all looks great. I've had black bottom cupcakes on my list to make for a while. Hopefully, I'll make them soon!