Monday, October 20, 2008

Cranberry Chocolate Tart

I found this recipe at Epicurious and wanted to give it a try. Cause I love cranberries, and I love chocolate. This sucker was really hard to take picture of, this is the best I could do!
I didn't do everything exactly like they said....cause I'm a rebel.
I don't own a tart pan with a removable bottom, so I used a springform pan.
I couldn't find chocolate wafer cookies, so I used chocolate grahams.
I didn't want to buy crystallized ginger cause I'm not even sure where to find it.
And I totally screwed up the order I was supposed to do things with the cranberry topping, but it seemed to work out okay. If you decide to make this....pay more attention than I did.

I pretty much enjoyed the combination of tart berries with the sweet marscapone filling. I don't think everyone would enjoy it. Hubby said it was "ok". That's a glowing report!

8 comments:

Brindi said...

This sounds good. The tartness of the cranberries probably balances the sweetness of the rest.

Ironjack said...

Very nice, i'll have to bring that one to a holiday potluck!

Julie said...

Thanks...if you take it to a potluck you'll see lots of people puckering :)

Natalie Que said...

Congrats on your 'glowing' report. Is hubby picky much?? Haha.

I would say you can't go wrong with choc, cran, and mascarp!

Julie said...

He'll eat most anything really, but doesn't necessarily gush over it if it's not his fave. Honesty, that's what we're all about.

Suzi said...

Wow, that is a combo that I would never have thought of, but sure looks good. :)

feather k said...

Looks yummy & great for fall/winter! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

That looks ooooh so good! I've added you to my link list on my cooking site.