Thursday, September 15, 2011

White Bean Veggie Burgers

Okay, I'm moving forward, and just going to pretend that last post ever happened.  I'll deny it, there's no proof.  Let's eat something healthy now.



I saw these a while back on Reeni's blog, Cinnamon Girl and thought they looked delicious.  What's not to love?  They're full of delicious things like beans and sauteed veggies.  


They really made the house smell wonderful.  We didn't eat ours burger style, just with a fork.  They were so flavorful, and the whole family actually liked them.  That's saying a lot!  

Here is Reeni's recipe....hope you like it :)




2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 roasted red pepper, diced  (I didn't roast mine)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
olive oil or vegetable oil, for pan-frying


1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat and saute onion until translucent, add garlic, saute until fragrant, add red pepper and thyme, season well with salt and pepper and saute 4-5 minutes, remove from heat.
 2. In a large mixing bowl mash the beans with a potato masher leaving them a little chunky. Add spinach, lemon juice, bread crumbs, egg and sauteed vegetable mixture. Season well with salt and pepper. Use a fork to mix well. Refrigerate 1/2 - 1 hour
.3. In a large skillet heat enough oil to generously cover bottom of pan over medium heat. Shape into 6 equal-sized patties. Fry 3 patties at time, about 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
Makes 6 patties 

9 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

These look delicious but I want to find out for myself. I think this would be perfect for my hubs and me.

Joanne said...

reeni really does make the best veggie burgers! I've been meaning to try these white bean ones and you make them look extra delicious!

The JR said...

they look good.

cake...what cake?

Reeni said...

Love that you ate them as is! Thanks for making them!

grace said...

but i don't want to forget your on-a-whim dessert--it looks amazing! these patties look great, too, but for completely different reasons. :)

Anonymous said...

As much as I love meat, I do love a good veggie burger and these look seriously delicious!

teresa said...

oh my goodness, i remember seeing these, how yummy!!

Chris said...

Ha ha ha I have had this on my to try list ever since she posted it and now you make me want to try it even more!

Wende said...

These look fabulous! I shared your recipe on my Must Try Tuesday post.

http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/09/must-try-tuesday-september-20-2011.html

Thanks for sharing!

Wende
www.therickettchronicles.blogspot.com