Thursday, October 20, 2011

Petit Fours and Potatoes

I know I'm getting more and more sporadic as time goes on, not sure what my deal is.  But I recently got the wild idea for making petit fours for a baby shower.  I've always loved the idea of petit fours, they're just so...petite!  And I can eat way more than four of them.  This is the result, I'll say they turned out a little "rustic". 


They seemed to make everyone happy anyway, and were certainly tasty.  I just used a boxed cake mix, split it in two, and put raspberry jam in the middle.  I followed the process found at a blog called "Fly Through My Window" for the frosting.  It was fun, but pretty sure it's something I can put behind me now.

These potatoes, I've made them several times and they're SO delicious.  We love to eat them with grilled skirt steak with chimichurri...yum!



I'm not really sure where the recipe came from.  My husband printed it from somewhere a few years ago and we like it so much we've managed to keep up with the recipe.  Here it is...

Grilled Potatoes with Parmesan and Herbs

3 pounds small red skinned potatoes  (or whatever smallish potatoes you have on hand)
4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup thinly sliced green onions
3 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
3 tbsp grated Parmesan
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh oregano

Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.  Drain potatoes and cool.
Prepare grill (med heat).  Cut potatoes in half, transfer to a large bowl.  Add 2 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat.  Grill potatoes until golden, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.  Transfer to bowl.  Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over and add remaining ingredients.  Toss to coat.  Season with salt and pepper and serve warm. 

10 comments:

The JR said...

They both look yummy to me.

Chris said...

If I was you, I'd blame your lack of posting on dust storms, everyone would totally buy it this year:)

Those grilled potatoes are something that I would love! Then again, you had me at "grilled".

Joanne said...

Aww those petit fours are adorable!

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

The petit fours look so cute.
The potatoes look like my kind of potatoes. I am really going to have to this recipe!

Von said...

Those petit fours look like a lot of effort!! But they're really cute and pretty- I can definitely see why everyone was happy with them :D Your grilled potatoes look very delicious too!!

Monet said...

They both look too good to me! I love a good potato recipe, and I must give this a try. I'm so glad I'm able to type again. I've missed visiting and commenting on your blog. I hope you are doing well and enjoying a restful Sunday. Hugs from Austin, my friend!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness those potatoes look AMAZING!! Bookmarking this recipe for sure : )

teresa said...

i've always wanted to try petit fours too, they look wonderful. and i LOVE those potatoes!

The Blonde Duck said...

Maybe I'm as sporadic as you but that combo doesn't seem odd to me--just delicious.

Pam said...

Sporadic is OK, especially when these petit fours are on the scene. They look great and the potatoes look fantastic.